The Legal Stuff
Terms & Conditions
Hello there! We’re a small, passionate tour company dedicated to providing you with a truly unique London experience. We believe each traveller has their own story, so we put in the extra effort to ensure your journey with us is extraordinary. Our goal? To make you feel like a VIP and help you create cherished memories.
We understand that life can be unpredictable, and travel doesn’t always go according to plan. That’s why our flexible team is always prepared to do their best to adapt to your needs. So go ahead, book with peace of mind, and let’s create some incredible moments together!
The Quick Read
- Please respect to our lovely local laws, customs, and culture.
- Follow your tour guide’s lead, they know the safest way.
- Do make sure to check-in on time. We can’t dilly-dally, you see. Once we’re off and rolling, there’s no catching up!
- Rain, rain, go away, but if it decides to stay, don’t worry we’ve got your back with complimentary ponchos. 👍
- Say cheese! We’ll snap some amazing pictures of you, but no worries if you don’t want to be in them, we’ll just make sure the view behind you is stunning.
- Don’t worry about breaking a sweat, each ride is just a light workout. And if you have any special needs or small children, please just let us know in advance.
- Maximum rider weight for our bicycles is 120kg / 264lbs
- You can change or cancel open tour bookings easily and get a full refund if you give 24+ hours notice. Just use the ‘Manage This Booking’ link in your confirmation email.
- Cancellations or amendments on standard private tour bookings can be made with 24+ hours written notice via our contact form
- We cannot offer refunds for tours cancelled with less than 24+ hours notice, but if you have a valid excuse we’ll do our best to transfer your booking, no problemo.
The Long Read
By making a booking with Tally Ho Experiences (“TH”) you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions during your time with us.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
TH guided London cycle rides and tours are operated by Tally Ho Cycles Ltd.
Tickets may be purchased either individually or a tour may be booked exclusively (referred to as a “Private Tour” or “Private Experience”). The maximum number of persons allowed per tour guide is twelve (children and third party tour guides all count towards this final and maximum guest number). Unless a tour has been booked as a Private Experience, groups of 12 persons will not always travel in the same tour, unless previously arranged with TH.
All persons joining a tour must pay for admission prior to riding.
Tours operate in all weather (complimentary rain ponchos are available if required). In the event that weather or circumstances make operation dangerous, TH will offer to rearrange a tour or refund in full. The decision to cancel a departure due to weather is at the sole discretion of TH management.
Bookings & Cancellations
- Payment is due at the time of booking. Due to the nature of the business when bookings are confirmed TH immediately incur expenses and costs directly relating to your booking whilst we prepare for your arrival.
- Open tour bookings can be amended or canceled with 100% refunds with 24+ hours notice via the self-service ‘Manage This Booking’ link which is included in the booking confirmation email. Cancellations requested by email, chat, social media or phone will incur a 10% admin charge. No refunds will be given for cancellation requests made with less than 24 hours notice before a departure time.
- We offer 100% refunds on standard Private Tours* when cancelled with 24+ hours written notice via our contact form
(*tours included; Private Family Bike Tour of London, Landmarks & Gems, Sin & Salvation)
- Bespoke Private Tour cancellation requests are to be made in writing via our contact form contact form and will incur fixed fees depending on the notice period given;
Time of cancellation:
- More than 2 weeks prior to arrival: 25%
- Less than 2 weeks and more than 1 weeks: 50%
- Less than 1 week: 100%
- Private Corporate Event cancellation requests are to be made in writing via our contact form and will incur fixed fees depending on the notice period given;
Time of cancellation:
- More than 4 weeks prior to arrival: 25%
- Less than 4 weeks and more than 2 weeks: 50%
- Less than 2 weeks 100%
- All bookings are non-transferable, except at the complete discretion of TH. Only in extenuating circumstances will bookings be considered for transfer and where at least a minimum of 24 hours’ notice of request is given via our contact form
- A minimum of four guests is permitted for each tour, except at the absolute discretion of TH. Tours that are not filled by the minimum number will be rescheduled. Participants will be contacted to arrange an alternate date and/or time to travel.
- TH reserve the right to move your booking time or day due to operational needs or due to other company commitments. Sometimes logistical events around London may result in such changes becoming necessary.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that TH operates according to schedule. However, we reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise, and with or without prior notice, to cancel any tour at the say so of the Managing Director. In the event of such cancellation, TH will fully refund any visitor whose ride is canceled, the cost of his or her prepaid ticket, but otherwise shall have no liability whatsoever, including liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses, in respect of the cancellation.
- In the unlikely event that the tour has to make an emergency return to our bike facility (or any other location) TH will not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- All prices are in pounds sterling and inclusive of VAT.
- TH reserve the right, where necessary to deviate from a tour’s planned route. Please be aware, events in London will on occasion dictate delays or alterations to the publicised route, where possible customers will be advised of any changes prior to departure.
- Due to the nature of the business tour finish timings cannot be guaranteed, however, every effort will be made to keep on schedule.
- All guests should arrive at The Walrus Bar & Hostel (or alternate meeting point when prior agreement has been made) no less than 10 minutes prior to the departure time.
- Please be aware if you miss your scheduled departure you will not be eligible for a later booking or refund. If you are not present upon check-in for your pre-booked departure time our team will endeavor to contact you, please ensure you provide us with a mobile telephone number (with international dialing code) that your lead guest will have with them on the booking day.
- TH will prioritise all customers against their booking times and never allow late running customers to have an impact on later departure times. TH are not responsible for factors out of our control, for example; late running commuter services, traffic or parking difficulties (this is not an exhaustive list).
- From time to time TH reserve the right to change the guide your party are booked on with, this will not affect guest numbers or enjoyment of experience/transfer times.
- In the unlikely event of mechanical difficulties affecting bicycles, every effort will be made to rectify these on route or supply an alternative cycle. TH will not be liable for replacement tickets and/or refunds.
- On occasion TH may act as a managing agent for larger group bookings where bicycles may be supplied by alternate companies. In this instance you will be covered by their insurance, duty of care and terms and conditions. TH will not be liable for third party bookings.
- Refunds may be issued in extenuating circumstances at the complete discretion of Tally Ho! Experiences. All requests must be in writing and will be investigated on a case-by-case basis.
Medical Conditions & Pregnancy
- The decision to cycle and the consequences of doing so are entirely at the guest’s own risk. TH does not accept any liability for personal injury, or injury to others and/or loss or damage.
- Expectant mothers are permitted so long as they are in full accord with the preceding statement.
- TH advises you NOT to travel if you have any historical or current backbone conditions or complaints. We are not medical experts so are unable to assess every situation individually; we simply advise you do not travel with us.
- Participants must have a moderate fitness level and be competent cyclists. TH bike tours are conducted at a very easy going pace with frequent stops.
Clothing and Safety Equipment
- TH recommend you “dress for the weather” bearing in mind our rides are not intense and you are unlikely to break a sweat unless on very hot days.
- TH offer storage for personal belongings at our depot for participants to use whilst out on tour. Alternatively, bicycle baskets may also be requested if you prefer to bring belongings out on the ride. However, TH cannot take responsibility for any item of luggage or clothing damaged by rain in these circumstances.
- All guests in your party will be offered a bicycle helmet (and where necessary a rain poncho) which they may or may not wish to wear. For riders under the age of 18, the wearing of helmets will be decided by their legal guardian. Your guide will give a full safety briefing which will include parts of the UK Highway Code and group cycling etiquette.
- All safety equipment and tweed flat caps must be returned to TH at the end of your experience with us.
- TH accepts no responsibility if any personal belongings are damaged, lost or stolen at any time whilst on tour.
Comfort and Wellbeing
- Guests will not be permitted to join a ride if TH find that individual has:
- behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of TH has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
- used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
- shown signs of discourtesy, abuse or aggression to TH staff.
- Participants deemed intoxicated will be denied entry or prohibited from proceeding with a ride at the complete discretion of TH.
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited in bicycle baskets without the express permission of TH.
- TH request you are respectful of our staff, other guests and neighbours. Whilst on tour please refrain from offering obscurities, profanities or any indecent hand/body gestures to members of the public or other road users.
- Other than liability for death or personal injury resulting from TH’s negligence, TH, its employees or agents shall not be liable for any loss or damage, direct or indirect, howsoever arising, including without limitation any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any tour undertaken.
- TH cannot be held responsible for weather conditions during your experience. Without exception poor weather will not be deemed a valid reason to authorise relocation of any booking.
- Children are deemed to be 17 years and younger, all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- Participants must follow the instructions of their guide at all times.
Private Tours and Experiences
- All guides and bicycles hired on a “Private” basis will be available exclusively for the participants of the tour or experience. Unless agreed by TH, last minute changes are not permitted to the tour route or duration.
- A tour may only be privately contracted by persons aged 18 years or over.
- No ticket/booking may be resold without the previous written consent of TH. If TH reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused without payment of compensation.
- TH are able to suggest approximate timings based on the logistics of your booking, however, where there are elements out of our control we kindly recommend you contact all other event organisers and transport providers to check your specific timings independently prior to confirming your booking with TH. TH will be held responsible for their service only.
Packages and Partnerships
- Tally Ho! Experiences cannot accept responsibility for third party operations and experiences.
- TH work with a select number of online travel agencies (OTAs), resellers, destination management companies, and independent travel agents.
- Unless otherwise stated it is the customer’s responsibility to travel between venues and attractions in time for check-in.
- Bicycles can be equipped with baskets to enable you to bring small items and bags with you.
- Large luggage (suitcases etc) can be left at our bicycle depot free of charge for the duration of your tour.
- TH will not be responsible for any belongings left behind.
- Please note, after your tour all personal items must be taken with you and cannot be left for longer durations at our bike depot.
- From time to time TH or other authorised parties will carry out photography and/or video recording and/or other monitoring on or in the vicinity of a tour which may feature visitors. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree that TH or any authorised party may use such images in perpetuity in any promotional advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. You further agree that copyright in these materials rests with TH or such authorised party (as the case may be).
- TH allow customers to take their own photography whilst on tour. We are not liable for any damage to equipment during this operation. Where customers request our employee to use their camera/recording equipment TH will not be liable for any damage incurred as a result.
- Gift vouchers can be purchased on an individual open tour or private tour basis for any experience either online or over the telephone.
- Vouchers purchased at full RRP are valid for 24 months from the date of issue, both booking and tour date should be within the redemption period.
- An extension of six months can be applied for and will incur a 20% administration fee as standard, the voucher needs to be active (within date) in order to apply.
- Up to two extensions can be applied for, after this time vouchers will automatically expire.
- Reseller/Third party/Agent vouchers will expire as per their relevant booking terms and conditions.
- Vouchers brought through third parties (eg. Indytute, Not On The High Street, Groupon, Living Social…) are subject to a 100% cancellation fee. A voucher is deemed to have been redeemed once a booking has been made.
- Ensure to redeem and pre-book vouchers online or by telephone to avoid disappointment.
Complaints and Feedback
- Any guest complaints should be brought to the attention of the guide on the day of your booking. Following this, any further complaint should be put in to writing no less than seven days following your experience. Please send this complain using our contact form
- Compliments and general feedback will be gratefully accepted to the same email address.
- TH endeavours to respond to your correspondence within 24 hours, however, on occasion and where an internal investigation is necessary this can take longer.
Business Customers Only
- Unless a credit account has been agreed, all orders must be accompanied by payment in full. We reserve the right to clear funds before releasing vouchers/confirming bookings. Payment by cheque is not accepted.
- For credit account holders, payment should be made within 15 days of receipt of invoice. Late payment of invoices will result in the removal of any discount/credit offered. Vouchers are not sold on a sale or return basis.
- For amended bookings your commission should be added to the total quoted and/or invoiced amount prior to quoting your clients.
- No ticket may be resold without the previous written consent of TH. If TH reasonably believes that a ticket has been resold without such consent, the holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the tour without payment of compensation.
- Prices shown are in pounds sterling and inclusive of VAT. Where overseas transactions are being processed you should ensure the amount received covers the invoice in its entirety, taking into account current exchange rates.
- You will be responsible at all times for the behaviour and conduct of your clients and/or guests. It is your duty to ensure they have received and understood the terms and conditions prior to touring.
- You may not use or adopt any of our trading names, trademarks, promotional images or other intellectual property rights (or those of any of our businesses) without having first obtained our written consent.
- You may not produce, distribute or otherwise use any such materials without our prior written approval.
- You will not use any such marks in combination with any other mark, name, word, device, symbol or logo without our prior written approval
- You will use such marks (including as respects colour, printing, style, typeface and proportion) only in the form directed by us.
- You will not do anything that in our absolute opinion could bring any such mark, us or our shareholders into disrepute or damage the good will attaching to any such mark or us.
- Some TH tours operate after sunset. In the event of an evening tour all guest bicycles will be equipped with safety lights.
- Visibility when cycling is reduced at certain points. Failure to follow guide or TH staff instructions could lead to injury. Should injury occur where instructions have been ignored or not been followed TH will not accept responsibility.
- Where visibility is reduced, TH will make every effort to ensure the safety of our guests.
Tally Ho Cycles Ltd 2023
Company Registration Number: 09627219
VAT #: GB246061914